Noida authority demand commercial plot allotment termination
Real Estate

Noida authority demand commercial plot allotment termination

Two commercial site allotments that were terminated due to suspected condition violations and non-competitive pricing have been the subject of a complaint from the Noida Authority to the Uttar Pradesh government. Following a complaint that the realtors who were given the land were not authorised, the state government revoked the allotments to Lavish Buildmart and Skyline Propcon, companies of the Gurgaon-based real estate business M3M, on May 10. Through a commercial plot plan, Lavish Buildmart was given a Rs 8.27 billion plot in Sector 94 in November 2022, while Skyline Propcon was given a Rs 1.76 billion plot in Sector 72 in February of the previous year. Earlier this week, the UP additional chief secretary, Manoj Kumar Singh, who is also the chairman of the Noida Authority, asked the industrial authority to submit a comprehensive report after M3M submitted a representation before the government seeking the allotted land parcels to be restored. In the letter to the UP government, the developer expressed their dismay over the cancellation of the land allotment without hearing their side. After registering the land parcels last year and obtaining other approvals, M3M announced luxurious commercial and residential projects in Sectors 94 and 72. The cancellation of the land allotment left hundreds of investors and property buyers worried. Sunil Julka, a homebuyer who invested Rs 00.1 billion in The Cullinan, said that he had invested in the project in March after thoroughly checking the property's background, as the land was allotted by the Authority and had UP-RERA registration. He mentioned that he had bought the flat after selling his plotted house and was currently living in a rented apartment. Saurabh Gupta, who invested over Rs 00.1 billion in the project, asked if homebuyers could not trust government allotments and whom they could believe. He expressed hope that the government would reconsider its order, keeping homebuyers in mind. The cancellation order, issued by Anil Kumar Sagar, principal secretary (UP industrial development department), stated that in both cases, the bid quotes were increased by only Rs 5 lakh over the reserve price. Although there is a provision to consider a single bid after extending the tender date twice by the authority, the aim of any tender is to get a competitive rate, which is not the case here.

Two commercial site allotments that were terminated due to suspected condition violations and non-competitive pricing have been the subject of a complaint from the Noida Authority to the Uttar Pradesh government. Following a complaint that the realtors who were given the land were not authorised, the state government revoked the allotments to Lavish Buildmart and Skyline Propcon, companies of the Gurgaon-based real estate business M3M, on May 10. Through a commercial plot plan, Lavish Buildmart was given a Rs 8.27 billion plot in Sector 94 in November 2022, while Skyline Propcon was given a Rs 1.76 billion plot in Sector 72 in February of the previous year. Earlier this week, the UP additional chief secretary, Manoj Kumar Singh, who is also the chairman of the Noida Authority, asked the industrial authority to submit a comprehensive report after M3M submitted a representation before the government seeking the allotted land parcels to be restored. In the letter to the UP government, the developer expressed their dismay over the cancellation of the land allotment without hearing their side. After registering the land parcels last year and obtaining other approvals, M3M announced luxurious commercial and residential projects in Sectors 94 and 72. The cancellation of the land allotment left hundreds of investors and property buyers worried. Sunil Julka, a homebuyer who invested Rs 00.1 billion in The Cullinan, said that he had invested in the project in March after thoroughly checking the property's background, as the land was allotted by the Authority and had UP-RERA registration. He mentioned that he had bought the flat after selling his plotted house and was currently living in a rented apartment. Saurabh Gupta, who invested over Rs 00.1 billion in the project, asked if homebuyers could not trust government allotments and whom they could believe. He expressed hope that the government would reconsider its order, keeping homebuyers in mind. The cancellation order, issued by Anil Kumar Sagar, principal secretary (UP industrial development department), stated that in both cases, the bid quotes were increased by only Rs 5 lakh over the reserve price. Although there is a provision to consider a single bid after extending the tender date twice by the authority, the aim of any tender is to get a competitive rate, which is not the case here.

Next Story
Technology

Atlas Copco Unveils Innovation Centre in Pune for Smart Manufacturing

Atlas Copco Tools has inaugurated its first Smart Factory Innovation Centre in India, a cutting-edge facility in Pune designed to showcase advanced technologies powering Smart Integrated Assembly ecosystems. The centre will serve as a hub for businesses across automotive, aerospace, electronics, heavy machinery, and manufacturing sectors to explore automation and smart manufacturing solutions for zero-defect production.The Innovation Centre offers hands-on demonstrations of the latest torquing and dispensing technologies, highlighting software-driven solutions that optimize efficiency, enhance..

Next Story
Resources

Elite Elevators Unveils India’s First Fully Customizable Home Elevator

Elite Elevators, a leader in the premium home lift segment, has launched Elite Elevators Bespoke—India’s first fully customizable luxury home elevator. The launch event, held at the company’s Chennai headquarters, showcased how the new offering redefines residential mobility by integrating state-of-the-art technology with personalized design.Speaking on the launch, Vimal Babu, Founder and CEO, Elite Elevators, said, “At Elite Elevators, our mission has always been to revolutionize home mobility with world-class innovations. Through its enhanced customizable features, our Bespoke elevat..

Next Story
Real Estate

Under-Construction Homes Now Costlier Than Ready-to-Move Properties

Under-construction (UC) homes are now more expensive than ready-to-move (RTM) properties across major Indian metros, according to the latest insights from Magicbricks.In Delhi, UC homes are priced at Rs 25,921 per sq. ft., surpassing RTM properties at Rs 18,698 per sq. ft. Similarly, in Gurugram, UC homes cost Rs 17,185 per sq. ft., compared to Rs 14,617 per sq. ft. for RTM properties.Mumbai, India’s costliest real estate market, has also seen a sharp rise, with UC home prices soaring 33.4 per cent Y-o-Y in Q1 2025 to Rs 32,371 per sq. ft., while RTM properties stand at Rs 28,935 per sq. ft...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Get daily newsletters around different themes from Construction world.

STAY CONNECTED

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Talk to us?