Govt gives 75-day extension to renewable projects under construction
POWER & RENEWABLE ENERGY

Govt gives 75-day extension to renewable projects under construction

The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) granted an extension of two and half months for projects with commissioning dates between April 1 and June 15, 2021, in its latest updates in a move to provide relief to renewable developers amid the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic.

MNRE issued a notification last month that says renewable energy projects with commissioning dates on or after April 1, 2021, could claim extension owing to the second surge of the Covid-19 pandemic.

However, MNRE had cautioned the developers that the extension time should not be used as a ground for the termination of the power purchase agreement or claiming any increase in the project cost, including upward revision of the tariff or interest during construction.

Additionally, the Ministry said that the intermediate milestones of the project would also be extended according to the leeway allowed once the project was granted an extension.

The developer must pass on the benefits of the extended deadline to other stakeholders down the value chain, including engineering, procurement, construction contractors, original equipment manufacturers and material and equipment suppliers.

During the Covid-19 outbreak and the subsequent lockdown last year, the Ministry issued a notification stating that all under-development renewable projects would be given an extension of five months and the extension applied from March 25, 2020, to August 24, 2020.

The Ministry of Power (MoP) recently granted an extension of three months to all interstate transmission projects under construction, with the scheduled commercial operation date (SCOD) falling after April 1, 2021, hit by the resurgence of the Covid-19 pandemic.

The central transmission utility, which will provide the commencement date of long-term access to the generator, will also be extended by three months based on the completion of the transmission line whose SCOD was extended by three months.

Image Source


Also read: GERC nods amendments sought by GUVNL for power procurement by discoms

Also read: SECI pays Rs 491 cr to solar, wind developers for power purchase in April

The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) granted an extension of two and half months for projects with commissioning dates between April 1 and June 15, 2021, in its latest updates in a move to provide relief to renewable developers amid the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic. MNRE issued a notification last month that says renewable energy projects with commissioning dates on or after April 1, 2021, could claim extension owing to the second surge of the Covid-19 pandemic. However, MNRE had cautioned the developers that the extension time should not be used as a ground for the termination of the power purchase agreement or claiming any increase in the project cost, including upward revision of the tariff or interest during construction. Additionally, the Ministry said that the intermediate milestones of the project would also be extended according to the leeway allowed once the project was granted an extension. The developer must pass on the benefits of the extended deadline to other stakeholders down the value chain, including engineering, procurement, construction contractors, original equipment manufacturers and material and equipment suppliers. During the Covid-19 outbreak and the subsequent lockdown last year, the Ministry issued a notification stating that all under-development renewable projects would be given an extension of five months and the extension applied from March 25, 2020, to August 24, 2020. The Ministry of Power (MoP) recently granted an extension of three months to all interstate transmission projects under construction, with the scheduled commercial operation date (SCOD) falling after April 1, 2021, hit by the resurgence of the Covid-19 pandemic. The central transmission utility, which will provide the commencement date of long-term access to the generator, will also be extended by three months based on the completion of the transmission line whose SCOD was extended by three months. Image Source Also read: GERC nods amendments sought by GUVNL for power procurement by discoms Also read: SECI pays Rs 491 cr to solar, wind developers for power purchase in April

Next Story
Real Estate

Varun Malik Joins ANAROCK as MD, Head of Capital Markets, APAC

ANAROCK Capital has appointed Varun Malik as Managing Director, Head of Capital Markets (APAC), marking a strategic move to expand its presence across Asia-Pacific. Based in Singapore, Malik will drive ANAROCK’s capital markets initiatives in the region.A real estate finance veteran, Malik brings over 18 years of experience in structuring complex cross-border transactions across South-East Asia and Australia. He has led debt and equity deals for REITs, fund managers, and developers, delivering strong returns and driving investor value.“We will redefine real estate capital solutions across ..

Next Story
Real Estate

Patra Chawl lottery held, 663 families allotted homes

Mumbai's Siddharth Nagar (Patra Chawl) Co-operative Housing Society members in Goregaon (West) saw their 15-year wait come to a close as MHADA conducted a successful computerised lottery for 663 eligible members under its redevelopment scheme.The Mumbai Housing and Area Development Board conducted the draw using the RAT (Randomised Allotment of Tenement) system at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Hall. The lottery, overseen by Mr. Milind Borikar, Chief Officer of Mumbai Board, ensured transparency by digitally allotting each member a building, wing, and floor.The project, located on Plot R-9, received..

Next Story
Infrastructure Transport

BLR Airport crosses 41 million passengers, 500,000 MT cargo

Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru (BLR Airport), has recorded key operational milestones in FY 2024-25, crossing 41.88 million passengers and handling 502,480 metric tonnes of cargo. This marks a year-on-year passenger growth of 11.6 per cent and a 14 per cent rise in cargo volumes.Domestic footfall reached 36.05 million, up 10 per cent, while international traffic saw a robust 25 per cent jump to 5.83 million, aided by Indigo’s global expansion and added frequencies by international carriers. BLR Airport now connects to 76 domestic and 33 international destinations, with Hanoi set..

Advertisement

Advertisement

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Get daily newsletters around different themes from Construction world.

STAY CONNECTED

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Talk to us?